Thursday, March 25, 2010
Headline reads: "Siberian Huksy terrorizes neighborhood."
Oh. My. Word. This has been the worst two days EVER. I went to work on Tuesday night just like any other night. Around 9:30 pm I looked at my phone to see I had a million and one urgent texts and calls from David and Samantha. Turns out, the kids had escaped Alcatraz. Madok had dug a hole under our privacy fence and they were home free. This fence has been trapping them for two years now. I guess they had been planning it secretly and decided "today's the day." David and Samantha drove around for a few hours with no luck. Around midnight I recieved a text from Sadie's previous owner saying someone had found her (via her microchip I didn't know existed!) David picked her up soon after at a neighbors house. One down...one very fast husky to go.
The next day we made flyers and distributed them. We also got a call from someone who had read our craigslist post. This gentleman said he spotted Madok at 38th and Michigan road. WHAT!!!? Over 5 miles from our house at one of the busiest intersections in town!? Now I was FRANTIC. I just knew he would get ran over. SO, off we went to scope out the area. Which...by the way...is the freakin' ghetto. Great. Why couldn't this dog have ran to Carmel? Huh? No luck. Next, Samantha and I headed to Animal Control. There, you may take the "lost dog tour" if you are missing a pet. This is the only way to inquire about the dogs they have picked up. So, off we go. 200 sad puppy dog eyes later and alot of tears from me, we still have no Madok.
Finally, after a day and a half of no sleep and two night shifts of work, I got a call this morning from someone in Broadripple. Madok was taking a run on the Monon it seemed. I was so excited to get to him that I nearly left the house in just my jeans and a wife-beater tank. Ooops. This woman was waiting in her car watching him since he wouldn't come to her. She was late for work already and just wanted to be sure he didn't run into the busy 52nd street traffic. I am so grateful.
So, I drove to the Monon, about 1/2 a mile from my house, and there he was, just standing on the trail looking around. I jumped out of the car and called him. He looked super confused at first but finally came running over with lots of excitment and licks in the face! I have never been happier to see him.
Once we got home I sent him in to wake Samantha up with a big lick. She thought she was dreaming!! This girl is Madok's second mother as it is and has been just as worried as me. She was great throughout this entire process. She looked for him long into the night while I was stuck at work, distributed flyers, got no sleep with me while we ran around town chasing false leads, and sent email after email getting in touch with anyone she could think of. (including KJ from the Smiley morning show) I seriously have the BEST sister ever! I can't thank her enough. For reals.
A happy ending and one VERY tired dog. It's now after midnight and I bet he's still snoozing. I guess he didn't sleep the whole time either.
NOW, operation "prison guard" ensues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
so glad you found him!! Were you driving around town saying, "Madok, I have ham???"
This got me all teary eyed!! Samantha is pretty bedass I will give you that! I just know how much yours dogs mean to you all, and I am SOOO glad that they are home safe. I really did have some strange dreams over your little ordeal.
YYYYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO GLad he is home safe and sound!
Post a Comment