Well, since my last post, we've had some big decisions to make. I think we've finally made them. Although I hated the idea of waiting ANOTHER year to head back to school, (lets face it...i'm not gettin' any younger here!) I think financially it will be better for us. We're going to put the house on the market at the end of June. (hopefully we can get it ready by then!) If/when it sells we're packing up and moving to Bradenton/Sarasota Florida! Our plan is to get established there first, then I'll apply and hopefully be accepted into the CRNA program for Jan 2012. Yah! Although I'm super nervous about such a big move, I'm also really excited! I've never lived outside of Indiana. I'll miss all my friends and family SO much, but I know they'll understand. (and come visit in sunny Florida frequently!!)
David and I are back and forth regarding having children, so in the mean time we're exicted for this adventure, just us and the pups! The past few weeks we've been mentally making positive/negative lists for this move. Here they are!
Positives
1. Living 5 minutes from the gorgeous waves of the ocean!!
2. A sufficient vitamin D source all year, thus avoiding seasonal blues.
3. Gardening...YEAR ROUND! (big selling point for me)
4. Being close to our friends in Bradenton and Sarasota.
5. Baseball...all year. (this one I couldn't care less about ;) )
6. The housing market is CRAZY cheap right now (we can easily buy a $300,000 home for $150, 000) and once it turns around (2-5 years) we'll be able to make an amazing profit off our home.
Negatives
1. Leaving behind my friends and family. :(
2. Taking a pay cut! Boo!
3. Difficulty finding David a job. (He's not sure teaching is where he wants to be, and even if it is, tech ed jobs are scarce!)
4. The summer heat!
5. Hurricanes. (Although the area we are moving to is in a valley and rarely gets any damage/evacuations)
Although I'm very scared to move away from everyone and everything I know and love, I can't wait to be in the sunshine of Florida. It's amazing how much better I feel when the sun finally peeks out from behind the constant overcast here. Don't worry, we're planning a spacious guest room for you all to vacation in...free of charge!! What do you all have to say about our lists? Did we forget anything?
1 comment:
I need a new blog to read
Post a Comment