Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Sunshine State

Well, we finally made it to sunny Florida! It was a long drive and a couple of very pissed off dogs...but we're here. Right now we are in a rental house. It's small, but cozy, and has a nice fenced in yard. The dogs are actually pretty happy here. Even Madok, who normally hates the heat. They are having lots of fun chasing lizards, which is actually pretty hilarious.

I have already been to the beach twice and plan to get there more next week too! It's seems like a dream to live this close to such a gorgeous beach. Aaahhh!

Okay. Floridians are crazy. It took 3 days to decide this. 1. They are barefoot all the time. Driving, riding bicycles, walking on the sidewalk, shopping, etc. I wish I were exaggerating. 2. They have no sense of personal space. I was waiting in line at the grocery store service desk and a guy (40 years old or so) puts his hand on my back and leans in to ask if I'm next. Uuuuhhhh.....back up brotha! 3. Everything is ocean/beach themed. My orientation at the hospital starts in the Dolphin room and continues in the Sand Dollar room. Seriously?

Mostly this place is a lot of fun in the sun. I just wish all my friends and family were here too! :(

Until next time...See ya!

No comments: