Thursday, January 14, 2010

So many changes!

Ok, ok. I've been REALLY slackin' on the blogging! Truth is...I haven't had much going on to blog about! We've still been working on our basement remodel and have finally seen some results! We've moved our bedroom downstairs and the laundry room will be finished with a little trim! It's so exciting and a huge relief!


We are planning french doors for the closet and of course we still need trim and new bedding!



In other news, I've been back in the gym! I'll admit, I've been quite the slacker these past few months! Operation flab to fit is in high gear! This week I've been concentrating on cardio mostly. I find it's easier for me to start slow and build up my cardio time before I get into too much lifting. I'll keep you posted. So far I've done 30 min of running on the treadmill 2 days this week, and the other day I changed it up with some eliptical for another 30 min. I finish my workouts with 15 min of ab work! Six pack here I come! (thick sarcasm!)

I'm a healthy eater on the regular but am always looking for new nutrient dense items to add to my diet. You know...to mix it up a bit. The problem with my diet is my protein intake. I'm just not a big meat eater. SO...between peanut butter and edamame, I'm bored! This week Samantha and I have been finally using our 5 lb bag of Quinoa (which we purchased over a year ago). Turns out...this stuff is awesome! Pronounced keen-wah, it's a whole grain, great source of fiber and...you guessed it...protein. You can basically replace any other grain with the quinoa for a nutrient dense alternative. We've mostly made quinoa breakfast cereal, alot like oatmeal, with honey and walnuts! Mmmm! We've also tried it with an asian flare with ginger and soy sauce! The great thing about this food is its versatility! Anyone have any other recipes for this stuff!?



Quinoa!

No comments: